Stop The Free Trade Agenda
It’s not about trade and it certainly is not free !!!
(Busy? ACT NOW: Jump To My Quick Links)
If the Free Trade Agenda is not about Trade, then what is it about?
It is all about convincing a slumbering Congress to transfer it’s responsibility “to regulate trade among the states and with foreign nations” to supra-national councils (aka soviets) that are unelected, appointed bureaucrats. Once accomplished, the American people will lose the ability to influence trade policy through their elected officials and become victimized by new, ever-increasing, far-reaching global trade policies and global enforcement agents. Think the regulatory monstrosity is bad now? If you doubt my assessment just look at this WTO map which illustrates how broadly this Trade Agenda extends.
This is all unlawful, mind you.
#1. If Congress is to cede power that is explicitly defined in the Constitution, how can it be accomplished by simple legislation? Would that not be considered an alteration of the Constitution and the checks and balances defined within it? Yet we have allowed NAFTA, GATT, the WTO and other similar agreements to be handled in this slick manner. Shame on us! These people should be forced to attempt these schemes through a proper amendment procedure which would be far more difficult if not impossible to accomplish. The supreme court has held as recently as 1998 “the non-delegation doctrine” in Clinton et al v. City of New York. This ruling cited J.W. Hampton Jr. & Co. v. United States (1928), an opinion of at least 80 years duration.
#2. Assuming an amendment were to open the door to this nefarious activity, isn’t a trade agreement involving other foreign powers a Treaty? As such, a simple law is not suffice. This type of agreement would also need to muster two-thirds vote in the Senate as any other treaty requires.
Now it becomes obvious why the President always seeks “Fast Track” or “Trade Promotion Authority” to sneak these agreements through. Under a fast track or TPA method, the Congress is confined to an up or down vote. Debate is limited if allowed at all and no amendments may be offered. Perhaps POTUS knows that even a minor amount of scrutiny will disclose the unlawful nature of the entire process and the treasonous results of the various agreements.
#3. Is “Fast-Track” or “Trade Promotion Authority” constitutional? Not only did the supreme court uphold “the non-delegation doctrine” it also found that “The Line Item Veto”, which was at the heart of this case, violated the “presentment” clauses. Doesn’t “Fast Track” also violate the presentment clauses?
Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the president of the United States… US Constitution – Article 1 Section 7 clause 3
The truth is, there is no legitimate means by which this type of agreement can be ratified. Trade matters belong to the whole Congress. And agreements among nations belong to the Senate & President. The President & the Senate can not do by treaty that which the entire government is denied by the Constitution itself. Treaties must be pursuant to the Authority of the Constitution. The non-delegation doctrine requires a specific amendment to allow the delegation of trade authority from the Congress to another body. The multiplicity of nations involved in trade agreements would require treaty law. Even after these hurdles would be cleared, there is some doubt as to whether or not a treaty can include non-governmental organizations and multiple nation states. The entire “Free Trade Agenda” is highly irregular.
Your Participation is Needed
3 Things Are Needed from you:
- Get properly informed. The media are helping our government keep you in the dark. Avail yourself of the articles and videos linked in the “Self Education” section of this campaign page. Keep in mind… This agenda is primarily a Neo-Conservative agenda. As such, we will find liberals and constitutionalists among our greatest allies on this issue. We need to take the help we can get to protect our economy and independence. This is especially critical since the GOP has made gains in the legislature in the most recent election. These gains may be helpful in some areas but it will make the “Free Trade Agenda” more difficult to stop.
- Share your new understanding with friends, family, and networks including social media.
- Use our “Action Links” or “Quick Links” to send correspondence to Harrisburg and Washington. Let’s be heard and put pressure on our representatives. They need to know we are not oblivious to what is going on here. You can also pen letters, place phone calls or fax letters. You can do all of these at various times throughout the month. You should make an effort each month to send these messages on an ongoing basis.
PA Assembly Addresses, Phone Numbers, Fax Numbers: Click here for a print-friendly version
PA Assembly Email & Social Media Links: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/contact.cfm?body=H
PA Senate Email & Social Media Links: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/contact.cfm?body=S
*** Sign up for our Newsletter !!! ***
More Legislative Issues are here:
Just remember, The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
The Free Trade Agenda must be fought in Washington and in the State Capitals. The most important action you can take right now is to use Quick Link #1. Opposing Fast Track or Trade Promotion Authority will slam the breaks on the progress of the two most damaging Free Trade Agreements in the works right now, namely the TPP and the TTIP. Just about all progress ever made in the Free Trade arena has leveraged “Fast Track”. The death of “Fast Track” will buy time and allow us to create an opportunity for debate. An open debate is not what the administration wants. Then proceed to use the remainder of the quick links below. #2 and #5 can be used interchangeably in Pennsylvania, however, those outside PA should use #5 instead of #2. Don’t forget to download, read and share: ‘How the Free Trade Agenda Is Knocking Down America,’ Special Report of The New American (PDF)
Quick Links To Online Letters:
- Sign This Petition
- STOP Trade Promotion Authority (aka fast-track)
- To Your PA Legislators Supporting PA HR-652 & HR 672 (details)
- STOP the TPP Agreement (Trans-Pacific Partnership)
- STOP the TTIP Agreement (Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership)
- Ask State Legislators to OPPOSE Trade Promotion Authority (PA & Nationwide: Tailored to your address)
Self Education – Share What You Learn!
Fast Track – A procedure or rule that limits debate and disallows amendments. It calls for an up or down vote only.
NAFTA – North American Free Trade Agreement
CAFTA – Central American Free Trade Agreement
FTAA – Free Trade Area of the Americas
SPP – Security & Prosperity Partnership
NAU – North American Union (download the Magazine TNA 22-20 20081002 )
TPA – Trade Promotion Authority (2014 version of Fast Track with even greater power to the President.)
TPP – Trans-Pacific Partnership
TTIP – Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership
TRIP – Trade Related Intellectual Property
TRIMS – Trade Related Investments
GATT – General Agreement on Trade & Tariffs
GATS – General Agreement on Trade In Services
WTO – World Trade Organization (The Enforcement Arm)
EFTA – European Free Trade Association
- ‘How the Free Trade Agenda Is Knocking Down America,’ Special Report of The New American (PDF) Download, Read and Share
- Online Article: The “Free Trade” Agenda Threatens Our Rights (included in above magazine pg 7)
- Online Article: Trade Promises … and Trade Reality (included in above magazine pg 22)
- Online Article: Global Merger Piece by Piece (included in above magazine pg 12)
- Online Article: The EU: Regionalization Trumps Sovereignty (included in above magazine pg 16)
- Online Article: North American Union: From NAFTA to the NAU (included in above magazine pg 25)
- Educational Tools Available For Purhase: https://www.jbs.org/webstore/shop-jbs/stop-free-trade?limit=30
- International Merger by Foreign Entanglements. (Feel Free To Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount)
- Extensive Coverage by The New American Magazine
- Trans Atlantic Danger (TNA Article)
- Secretly Trading Away Our Independence (TNA Article)
- United States of Europe (TNA Prediction)
- CFR Applauds “Sovereignty Subversion” (TNA Article)
- Obama et al push EU-US Merger (TNA Article)
- Obama places US-EU Merger on the Front Burner (Video)
- Download Free Trade Booklet (Download)
- Free Trade Promises & Reality (download brochure)
- Real Price of Free Trade (download brochure)
- Not-So-Free Trade (download brochure)
- Free Trade Agenda Mailers (download mailer)
- Help Keep America (download brochure)
- US Congressional Group Members of the Transatlantic Policy Network website
- Subscribe to The New American Magazine.
The Free Trade Agenda
“The Free Trade Agenda” should not be confused with the classical notion of free trade. “The Free Trade Agenda” has never been about trading freely. The Sovereignty destroying Free Trade partnerships are a preliminary step towards true Globalism. The globalist “New World Order” seeks an internationally controlled economy managed by unelected councils (or Soviets as they are called in Russian) whose influence extends beyond the borders of member nations. The object is to convert sovereign nations into member districts of an unaccountable Super government in which Multi-National Corporations partner with political puppets in a Global Fascists Dictatorship. This New World Order cannot be realized all at once. The Free Trade Agenda facilitates a step by step incremental regionalization process, whereby, blocks of nations establish regional agreements and establish regional councils and tribunals. The inter-locking nature of the various regions is to be revealed in the final phase.
The EU as a model.
If you doubt my assessment of the process described above, simply look to the European Union as a prime example. The EU is the ultimate result of the “Coal and Steel Community” established amongst six European nations after World War II. The scheme was supposed to help prevent further war, or at least that is what its proponents claimed. In the decades since 1952, however, the first real supranational body has morphed into an emerging super-state that will eventually obliterate national sovereignty, and inevitably individual liberty, if left unchecked. Former Maoist revolutionary and current European Commission President José Manuel Barroso declared in May 2013 that a federal Europe would be a “reality within a few years.” In his “State of the Union Address” he stated: “We will need to move toward a federation of nation states. This is our political horizon,” he declared, adding that “unavoidable” changes to European treaties had to be made. “This is what must guide our work in the years to come.”
Those of you who are familiar with Norman Dodd’s quotation of Rowan Gaither (Ford Foundation, President 1953-1956) in which he stated that the foundation was working under directives from the White House to so alter life in America as to make it possible to comfortably merge the United States with the Soviet Union will recognize the Free Trade Agenda as a leading mechanism by which to accomplish this goal. A comprehensive study of the Free Trade Agenda is available in Arthur R. Thompson’s book International Merger by Foreign Entanglements.
Bill Title / Description
|A resolution urging the President & The Congress of the United States to consider the impact of free trade agreements on the American Economy.|
|This resolution is critical of previous “free trade” agreements such as NAFTA and TTIP (although it gives the impression that the TTIP is a done deal which is not the case), and is skeptical regarding the TPP specifically. These types of “free trade” agreements should be opposed, and it is good for PA to make her voice known in opposition to them.|
| Current Status
Bill Title / Description
|A resolution urging the The Congress of the United States to oppose S.1900 identified as the Bipartisan Congressional Trade Priorities Act of 2014 and all other Fast Track trade authority legislation that expands presidential authority beyond what is granted by the Constitution of the United States.|
|TPA is a “fast track” to enactment of “Free Trade” agreements, authorizing the President of the United States to negotiate a treaty and sign off on it before Congress approves. When the President presents the agreement to Congress, it is only allowed an up or down vote on the agreement and cannot offer amendments. This is unconstitutional and deeply troubling. It is the duty of Congress to set the country’s trade policy, and they are not constitutionally authorized to delegate that power to the President. In fact, it is questionable whether a simple federal law is sufficient to provide for a multi-national trade agreement in the first place; this seems to require treaty law, which is to be ratified by 2/3 of the Senate before taking effect. In either case, TPA has no constitutional authority. TPA and all fast track legislation should be opposed, and the PA House’s attempts to voice her opposition should be supported.|
| Current Status
||Resources: ‘How the Free Trade Agenda Is Knocking Down America,’ Special Report of The New American (PDF)