Thumbs Down on Marcus Brown
Opposing Marcus Brown for Pennsylvania Police Commissioner.
Confirmation hearing is Scheduled: June 3, 2015.
Click Image above to Download a printable pdf.
Marcus Brown Supported:
HOUSE BILL 294 / SENATE BILL 281: Firearm Safety Act of 2013 in MD
- Redefintion of “Assault Weapons including more pistols, long guns and copycat weapons.
- Persons in possession of these weapons were required to register them to lawfully maintain possession.
- A new licensing scheme for handguns. A “handgun qualification license” authorizes a person topurchase, rent, or receive a handgun.
- Requires a signed statement from the applicant, under penalty of perjury, that the applicant is not prohibited under federal or State law to possess a handgun.
- Requires proof of completion of an approved firearms safety training course.
- Reduces magazine size manufacture, sale, purchase, receipt, or transfer in the State from 20 to 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.
- Creates a class of restricted firearm ammunition.
- Requires the Secretary of State Police to disapprove an application for a State-regulated firearms dealer’s license if a person not qualified for a license or whose license has been revoked or suspended will participate in the management or operation of the business or holds an interest in the business.
- Requires that a licensed dealer keep records of all receipts, sales, and other dispositions of firearms affected in connection with the dealer’s business.
- The records must include the name and address of each person from whom the dealer acquires a firearm and to whom the dealer sells or disposes of a firearm and other additional information.
- There are more disqualifications under this law and many more innocuous terms.
This type of legislation (Firearm Safety Act of 2013 in MD) cannot be reconciled with our State Constitution:
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
More Indicators That Marcus Brown is Unfit For Office:
- In addition to this, he had his buddies at the state level in MD lobby for exemptions to meet the requirements for a full pension from a job in which he served less than 15 years of service.
- He and his wife simultaneously took homestead tax exemptions in MD and PA while he rung up mileage on his state issued vehicle commuting back and forth.
- He wears the Pennsylvania State Police uniform even though he never graduated from the training schools.
Warrantless Search & Seizure:
On March 11, 2014, he was involved in a roadblock of 12 lanes of traffic on I-270 in which thousands of commuters were held against their will, forced to stay in their vehicles, forced to pop their trunks in search of fugitive bank robbers. Police of different ranks from various communities, fully armed and barking orders out to law abiding citizens, none of which were served with warrant and no probable cause existed to stop and detain a single car.
Is this how you want your family and neighbors treated? One who acts as if he is above the law should not be in a position of enforcing the law.
Vote no! Thumbs Down on Marcus Brown.
Congratulations: The nomination has been withdrawn: http://www.post-gazette.com/news/state/2015/06/08/Wolf-to-withdraw-nomination-of-acting-state-police-commissioner-Marcus-Brown-pennsylvania/stories/201506080153
For now he is still acting Commissioner. The Senate may yet vote on the nomination. This is still a little fuzzy, but it is looking good. I suggest we hit the Senate with more calls, letters and petitions.
It seems official now: