Constitution Is the Solution Series
Don’t miss out ! Session 1 starts Saturday, April 26 at Noon.
The Constitution Is The Solution for what ails America. Do you feel a sense that our nation is in trouble? Do you feel, as many of your neighbors feel, our nation is moving in the wrong direction? This series examines the original intent and philosophy of limited government espoused by our founding fathers. It shows how our greatness as a nation is linked to our ability to enforce the Constitution and restrain the powers of government. This is not a trivia course. This course will open the Constitution. We will read from its pages, discuss the letters written by our founders which sought to explain its provisions and discuss how it was originally interpreted and applied. Why seek new innovations if we are yet unfamiliar with the sound principles which were responsible for our rise to greatness as a nation?
This course is divided into 6 parts. We will tackle 2 parts in each session. Topics to be discussed include:
1. The dangers of Democracy: A discussion of the various political systems which magnifies the differences between the raw power of Democracy and a Republic. Why our founders looked with dis-favor on pure democracy and how they sought to check the dangers by implementing the “rule of law” in a Republic that would protect individual rights from the fickle whims of mob rule.
2. Enumerated vs. Unlimited Power: A discussion of the two prevailing philosophical views of the Constitution. Is the Constitution a declaration of specifically limited and enumerated powers or an open-ended system of implied and unlimited powers?
3. Economics: What does the constitution have to say on matters of money? What is a dollar? What are the powers of the federal government with regard to the economy? What about the Federal Reserve? What about paper currency vs. hard money? The founders had plenty to say on these questions.
4. The Constitutional War Powers: How does the Constitution treat war? How and why are the war powers split between the Legislative and Executive branches. Why do we fight so many undeclared wars? What is/was the role of the state militias and how did they provide a check against federal abuse of the war powers?
5. Exposing the Enemies of Freedom: Who is working to subvert our Constitution? What enemies do hard-working, law-abiding Americans have to contend with in order to correct abuses of power and re-establish a working Constitution?
6. Restoring the Constitution: Effective Action in programs such as these help to spread awareness and educate the people. It is said that you must know from whence you came in order to know where you are headed. Where are we headed America? Help us lead our nation towards a rebirth in liberty by peacefully restoring the proper understanding and application of our Constitution. “Let us bind men down from mischief by the chains of a Constitution.” — Thomas Jefferson
Admission is free. A freewill offering is to be collected. Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/67+Buck+Rdfirstname.lastname@example.org,-75.0267703,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c6ad8f69701051:0x2ad217439d1120a
Lecture Series Resource Page: https://federalexpression.wordpress.com/the-constitution-is-the-solution-resources/