Archive for April 2014
Don’t miss out ! Session 1 starts Saturday, April 26 at Noon.
The Constitution Is The Solution for what ails America. Do you feel a sense that our nation is in trouble? Do you feel, as many of your neighbors feel, our nation is moving in the wrong direction? This series examines the original intent and philosophy of limited government espoused by our founding fathers. It shows how our greatness as a nation is linked to our ability to enforce the Constitution and restrain the powers of government. This is not a trivia course. This course will open the Constitution. We will read from its pages, discuss the letters written by our founders which sought to explain its provisions and discuss how it was originally interpreted and applied. Why seek new innovations if we are yet unfamiliar with the sound principles which were responsible for our rise to greatness as a nation?
This course is divided into 6 parts. We will tackle 2 parts in each session. Topics to be discussed include:
1. The dangers of Democracy: A discussion of the various political systems which magnifies the differences between the raw power of Democracy and a Republic. Why our founders looked with dis-favor on pure democracy and how they sought to check the dangers by implementing the “rule of law” in a Republic that would protect individual rights from the fickle whims of mob rule.
2. Enumerated vs. Unlimited Power: A discussion of the two prevailing philosophical views of the Constitution. Is the Constitution a declaration of specifically limited and enumerated powers or an open-ended system of implied and unlimited powers?
3. Economics: What does the constitution have to say on matters of money? What is a dollar? What are the powers of the federal government with regard to the economy? What about the Federal Reserve? What about paper currency vs. hard money? The founders had plenty to say on these questions.
4. The Constitutional War Powers: How does the Constitution treat war? How and why are the war powers split between the Legislative and Executive branches. Why do we fight so many undeclared wars? What is/was the role of the state militias and how did they provide a check against federal abuse of the war powers?
5. Exposing the Enemies of Freedom: Who is working to subvert our Constitution? What enemies do hard-working, law-abiding Americans have to contend with in order to correct abuses of power and re-establish a working Constitution?
6. Restoring the Constitution: Effective Action in programs such as these help to spread awareness and educate the people. It is said that you must know from whence you came in order to know where you are headed. Where are we headed America? Help us lead our nation towards a rebirth in liberty by peacefully restoring the proper understanding and application of our Constitution. “Let us bind men down from mischief by the chains of a Constitution.” — Thomas Jefferson
Admission is free. A freewill offering is to be collected. Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/67+Buck+Rdemail@example.com,-75.0267703,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c6ad8f69701051:0x2ad217439d1120a
Lecture Series Resource Page: https://federalexpression.wordpress.com/the-constitution-is-the-solution-resources/
The Free Trade Agenda… It’s not about trade and it certainly is not free !!!
If the Free Trade Agenda is not about Trade, then what is it about?
It is all about convincing a slumbering Congress to transfer it’s responsibility “to regulate trade among the states and with foreign nations” to supra-national councils (aka soviets) that are unelected, appointed bureaucrats. Once accomplished, the American people will lose the ability to influence trade policy through their elected officials and become victimized by new, ever-increasing, far-reaching global trade policies and global enforcement agents. Think the regulatory monstrosity is bad now?
This is all unlawful, mind you.
#1. If Congress is to cede power that is explicitly defined in the Constitution, how can it be accomplished by simple legislation? Would that not be considered an alteration of the Constitution and the checks and balances defined within it? Yet we have allowed NAFTA, GATT, the WTO and other similar agreements to be handled in this slick manner. Shame on us! These people should be forced to attempt these schemes through a proper amendment procedure which would be far more difficult if not impossible to accomplish. The supreme court has held as recently as 1998 “the non-delegation doctrine” in Clinton et al v. City of New York. This ruling cited J.W. Hampton Jr. & Co. v. United States (1928), an opinion of at least 80 years duration.
#2. Assuming an amendment were to open the door to this nefarious activity, isn’t a trade agreement involving other foreign powers a Treaty? As such, a simple law is not suffice. This type of agreement would also need to muster two-thirds vote in the Senate as any other treaty requires.
Now it becomes obvious why the President always seeks “Fast Track” or “Trade Promotion Authority” to sneak these agreements through. Under a fast track or TPA method, the Congress is confined to an up or down vote. Debate is limited if allowed at all and no amendments may be offered. Perhaps POTUS knows that even a minor amount of scrutiny will disclose the unlawful nature of the entire process and the treasonous results of the various agreements.
#3. Is “Fast-Track” or “Trade Promotion Authority” constitutional? Not only did the supreme court uphold “the non-delegation doctrine” it also found that “The Line Item Veto”, which was at the heart of this case, violated the “presentment” clauses. Doesn’t “Fast Track” also violate the presentment clauses?
Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the president of the United States… US Constitution – Article 1 Section 7 clause 3
The truth is, there is no legitimate means by which this type of agreement can be ratified. Trade matters belong to the whole Congress. And agreements among nations belong to the Senate & President. The President & the Senate can not do by treaty that which the entire government is denied by the Constitution itself. Treaties must be pursuant to the Authority of the Constitution. The non-delegation doctrine requires a specific amendment to allow the delegation of trade authority from the Congress to another body. The multiplicity of nations involved in trade agreements would require treaty law. Even after these hurdles would be cleared, there is some doubt as to whether or not a treaty can include non-governmental organizations and multiple nation states. The entire “Free Trade Agenda” is highly irregular.
The European Model
A truly fascinating study of the European Union’s 50 year progression into a supra-national entity reveals that a European “Free Trade Agenda” was at the heart of the entire process. Rumor has it, that the TTIP, The Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment partnership seeks direct economic ties between the US and the EU. Why tie our anchor to that sinking ship? The answer is… The “Free Trade Agenda” is not about free trade. The free trade agenda is a cornerstone program for the creation of a new world order. The transformation of America is indeed happening; and it is happening all too quickly!
How is it that free trade requires partnerships? The very use of the word partnership should be a telling signal to Americans that this type of legislation is more about building an International Framework for World Government than establishing “Free Trade”. By the way, is there any guarantee that “free” trade is “fair” trade? A whole host of new questions can be raised once that sentiment is considered.
If you would like to investigate these issues in detail and live in the Philadelphia area, a meeting is being held on April 9, 2014. See the flyer below and pass it around. Share it with your friends and family. The future of our economy and our ability to self-govern is at stake.
Education Resources: Extensive Coverage by The New American Magazine
- Trans Atlantic Danger (TNA Article)
- Secretly Trading Away Our Independence (TNA Article)
- United States of Europe (TNA Prediction)
- CFR Applauds “Sovereignty Subversion” (TNA Article)
- Obama et al push EU-US Merger (TNA Article)
- Download Free Magazine Issue (Download File)
- Obama places US-EU Merger on the Front Burner (Video)
- Download Free Trade Booklet (Download)
Action Resources: You Are The Resistance !!!
- NEW: Educational Tools (pamphlets, reprints, etc) at ShopJBS.org
- Free Trade Promises & Reality (download brochure)
- Real Price of Free Trade (download brochure)
- Not-So-Free Trade (download brochure)
- Help Keep America (download brochure)
- Quick Federal Letter – Send a letter Opposing Free Trade Promotion Authority (TPA)
- Quick Federal Letter – Send a letter Opposing The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- Quick Federal Letter – Send a letter Opposing Transatlantic Tade & Investment Partnership (TTIP)
- Quick State Letter – Send a letter Opposing Free Trade Promotion Authority (TPA)