Beware of Con-Cons: State Legislators Warn Against a Constitutional Convention
Rumors and Measures involving Federal Con-Con Calls are growing. Here are just a few I found.
- ND: ND amendment would restrict federal debt increases
- VA: LeMunyon’s Repeal Amendment Passes House
- UT: Holding Out for a Hero
- TX: Governor also wants lawmakers to push for federal balanced budget amendment
- IN: Time for a rewrite?
- FL: Bad idea to change the Constitution
This a call to all Americans to tell your local officials to oppose a Con-Con and rescind any outstanding calls currently pending.
This threat is nothing new. This battle has raged for some 30 plus years, however, this particular round is especially dangerous because there are several effective dis-information groups promoting it at the local level across the country. Many new conservative Tea Party Candidates need an education. You need to provide that education. So here are some materials to get you up to speed on the issue first so you can have an impact.
- Con-Con Call
- Marshall Peters Con-Con Letter
- Michner Warnings Re: Con-Cons
- States Should Enforce Not Revise the Constitution
- Who Needs A New Constitutional Convention
- Compact For America Threatens the Constitution
- Goldwater Institute 10 Point Refutation
- NDRA – The New Push for A Con-Con
Here is a pack of documents to help you in the process: “No Con-Con Documentation Packet“.
The youtube video above is available on DVDs and audio CDs.
For more information on this JBS action project go to http://www.jbs.org/issues-pages/no-con-con.